Jobs and Internships
Policy Fellow, Center for Data Innovation (Paid, Part-Time)
The Center for Data Innovation, a non-profit think tank affiliated with the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, is seeking a policy fellow for the upcoming spring semester, starting in January 2017. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in the intersection of public policy, technology, and data, as well as exceptional writing abilities. Current graduate students with interest in policy issues related to the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, or open data efforts are especially encouraged to apply. This is a part-time position (16-20 hours per week) based in Washington, DC.
- Write original policy reports, articles, and op-eds.
- Provide research support (e.g. writing literature reviews, fact checking, etc.).
- Monitor news articles on specific subject areas.
- Track legislation and regulations.
- Attend and summarize hearings and events.
- Assist with organizing and running events and conferences.
- Help maintain the Center for Data Innovation website and related materials.
- A graduate student in public policy, economics, political science, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com with “graduate policy fellow” in the email subject line:
- Cover letter (1 page, max);
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample (2-3 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled (last updated January 3, 2017).